The Outdoor Competitions page has now been updated with the latest results as well as the new pairs for those joining the drawn mixed pairs at the second round stage where they are paired with one of the ladies who lost their first round game.
|Singles||L Woodley||J Frost|
|Two Wood||J Frost||H Jones|
|Novice||J Beal||P Hatch|
|Pairs||L Woodley, M Price||G Jones, J Frost|
|Triples||E Devonald-Batt, L Woodley, M Price||P Tuttle, J Beal, J Mayne|
|Fours||E Devonald-Batt, H Jones, L Woodley, M Price|
|Drawn HC Pairs||J Frost, H Copeland|
|Division 1 (2016)||Wombelles|
|Division 2 (2016)||Foxy Ladies|
|Ladies Knockout||Wombelles (runner up: BBs)|
|Mini League||Wombelles (runner-up: Foxy Ladies)|
|Singles||J McGuinness||T Eales|
|Novice Singles||B Adams||G Mason|
|HC Mixed Singles||L Essex||H Pike|
|Pairs||M Woodley, J McGuinness||T Eales, C Jones|
|HC Pairs||G Mason, L Essex||I Burns, B Adams|
|Two Wood Pairs||J Beal, J Beal||R Pike, H Pike|
|Triples||S Williams, B Jones, E Orme||S Cotterill, G Mason, M Woodley|
|Fours||M Forward, P Worthy, R Harper, K Scrace|
|Division 2||Exiles A|
|Afternoon 12||Windsor Alex|
|Afternoon Knockout||Windsor Alex (runner-up: Windsor)|
|Knockout||Town E (runner-up: Firecrackers)|
|Mixed Nominated Triples||N Penn, R Pike, H Pike||E Devonald-Batt, H Jones, B Long|
|Mixed Nominated Fours||J Frost, G Jones, P Sheldrick, C Jones||E Devonald-Batt, H Jones, E Orme, B Long|
|Midweek Mixed League||Downtown|
|Friday Lunchtime League||Wanderers|
|Friday Lunchtime Knockout||Newcomers|
[Photo 1 – John McGuinness Mens Singles Winner Indoors 2016/17]
[Photo 2 – Lorraine Woodley Ladies Singles Winner Indoors 2016/17]
IMPORTANT – CHANGES TO THE LEAGUES 2017
Following the December Indoor Committee Meeting and also, further consultations with members, the published “Action Plan” proposals – as displayed on both Men’s and Ladies’ Notice Boards- have been duly amended and the final arrangements are now to be adopted for the rest of the 2016/17 indoor season – starting in January 2017.
THE FOLLOWING PROPOSALS, RELATING TO BOTH THE LADIES AND MEN’S INTERNAL LEAGUES, ARE TO BE ADOPTED, COMMENCING JANUARY 1ST 2017, NAMELY:-
- The current Men’s Evening League, Division 3 is to be merged within the current Men’s Evening League Division 2.
- Both, Men’s Division 1 and Division 2 will play 18 ends or 2hrs 30 mins, whichever is the shortest. The matches will commence on the bell at 7:00pm and finish at 9:30pm, however, any ends in progress when the bell rings at 9:30pm will be completed. An end will be deemed to be in progress if the jack has been rolled before the bell rings.
- Two teams will be promoted/relegated between the Men’s Divisions 1 and 2.
- Leagues that are currently for a period of 2 hours, starting and ending on the bell, will continue with no changes to the match duration.
- Any NEW team, in Men’s Division 1 and 2, to be permitted to register a playing squad of no more than 8 players. The only exception being, where teams have a second team, playing in either Division 1 or 2, then the squad can increase to 10 members. Where existing Division 1 and 2 teams have playing squads greater than 8, then this arrangement can continue, however no new members can be added until such time as the squad number falls below the 8 maximum.
- A pool of playing members, has been formed whereby members who are willing to play for any league team, can be called upon at short notice, to play for a team, where that team do not have sufficient players for any particular match – the purpose being to avoid fixture cancellations.
- The Ladies Afternoon League comprising, First Division – 6 teams and Second Division – 4 teams –will merge into one division of 10 teams (with handicap system introduced). In future the season will be continuous, from September to April, with no break at Christmas. (No promotion/Relegation). The arrangements will be introduced for the second half of the season, commencing after the Christmas break in January 2017.
- The Ladies Morning League has lacked support and will not continue after December 31st Team Captains will be notified.
- ALL LEAGUE AND COMPETITION MATCHES, MENS’, LADIES’ AND MIXED, MUST START WITH ROLLING THE JACK.
Roger Wyatt – Indoor Secretary 8th December 2016
ALL MEMBERS PLEASE NOTE: Following the Indoor Committee Meeting held on the 27th October 2016, the following arrangements / changes have been agreed for implementation at the dates shown as below, namely:-
| 1) The current Men’s Division 3 to be the main introductory league for new (novice) male bowlers. Teams in Division 3 to be able to call upon volunteer, registered playing members, from teams in Division 1 and 2, to assist in matches by providing experience and tuition for new members. The volunteer members to be no more than one player per match.
(N.B. 1st and 2nd Division teams to be encouraged to form a new “second” team to play in Division 3. This assumes they have currently sufficient players (with new members) to support the new team fixtures.
“New” teams for Division 3 to be incorporated into league as from January 1st 2017.
|2) Any NEW team, entering Men’s Division 1 and 2, will be permitted to register a playing squad of no more than 8 players. The only exception being, where teams have a second team, playing in the third division, when the squad can then increase to 10 members (plus 3rd Division squad members).
Where existing Division 1 and 2 teams have playing squads greater than 8, then this arrangement can continue, however no new members can be added until such time as the squad number falls below the 8 maximum.
|3) A pool of volunteer, playing members is to be created, comprising members who are willing to play for any league team, on request, where that team do not have sufficient players for any particular match.||Pool of players volunteering to be compiled by 14th November 2016|
|4) The Ladies Afternoon League is now a First Division of 6 teams and a Second Division of 4 teams. These Divisions will merge into one league of 10 teams (with a handicap system introduced), and the season should be continuous from September to April with no break at Christmas. (No promotion/Relegation). The change to be for a trial period of the second half of the season, commencing after the Christmas break.||Leagues to be amalgamated and start in January 2017. Fixtures to be recast and issued to team Captains.|
|5) ALL evening Leagues where currently playing for 18 ends, to play for 16 ends only.||To commence from January 1st 2017|
|6) The Ladies Morning League to be reviewed until the Christmas holiday, with a view to determining whether it can continue with the current poor level of support.||Ongoing
|7) All League and Competition matches, Mens’, Ladies’ and Mixed, to start with rolling the jack.||To commence as from 1st January 2017 and is mandatory.|
|8) The number of teams to be relegated/promoted from Men’s Divisions 1, 2 and 3 to be 2 up and 2 down, as opposed to current arrangement of 3 up and 3 down.||To take effect at the end of the first half of the league season– Dec/Jan|
|9) A survey of all Indoor Members to be initiated to determine how many members, currently not playing in league teams, would be willing to become involved with a new team(s) now.||Ongoing|
IF YOU REQUIRE ANY CLARIFICATION AS TO ANY OF THE ABOVE PLEASE CONTACT THE INDOOR SECRETARY- ROGER WYATT
Publishing of this half-season’s indoor league tables has now begun. You can find them on the League Tables page