Congratulations to “Doris Day” consisting of Peter Braddock, Tony Devonald-Batt, Ernie Pelling, David Wagner and Bill McQuhae on winning this years Last Ditch Trophy. Follow the link to see the final table and match results
The Outdoor Competitions page has just been updated showing the outcome of all the competitions up as far as the semi-final results and the finalists.
With the new season coming and the advent of the club’s new display system there have been some changes on the website to allow better integration.
Most of the changes are behind the scenes and likely won’t be noticed but here are the major visible changes
- The top navigation tabs have been re-organised with some more direct tabs added
- The Club Notices category contains content also echoed the club’s new display system
- The website was set up four years ago and in that time the average size of a monitor has increased (in terms of resolution). Since HD (1920×1080) is now commonplace the website has been updated for an optimum display width of 1600 (as well as catching up with technology, this increase was also needed to match the width of content for the club’s new display system
- The increased width meant a new top banner image was needed too
The Outdoor Competitions page has now been updated with the latest results as well as the new pairs for those joining the drawn mixed pairs at the second round stage where they are paired with one of the ladies who lost their first round game.
|Singles||L Woodley||J Frost|
|Two Wood||J Frost||H Jones|
|Novice||J Beal||P Hatch|
|Pairs||L Woodley, M Price||G Jones, J Frost|
|Triples||E Devonald-Batt, L Woodley, M Price||P Tuttle, J Beal, J Mayne|
|Fours||E Devonald-Batt, H Jones, L Woodley, M Price|
|Drawn HC Pairs||J Frost, H Copeland|
|Division 1 (2016)||Wombelles|
|Division 2 (2016)||Foxy Ladies|
|Ladies Knockout||Wombelles (runner up: BBs)|
|Mini League||Wombelles (runner-up: Foxy Ladies)|
|Singles||J McGuinness||T Eales|
|Novice Singles||B Adams||G Mason|
|HC Mixed Singles||L Essex||H Pike|
|Pairs||M Woodley, J McGuinness||T Eales, C Jones|
|HC Pairs||G Mason, L Essex||I Burns, B Adams|
|Two Wood Pairs||J Beal, J Beal||R Pike, H Pike|
|Triples||S Williams, B Jones, E Orme||S Cotterill, G Mason, M Woodley|
|Fours||M Forward, P Worthy, R Harper, K Scrace|
|Division 2||Exiles A|
|Afternoon 12||Windsor Alex|
|Afternoon Knockout||Windsor Alex (runner-up: Windsor)|
|Knockout||Town E (runner-up: Firecrackers)|
|Mixed Nominated Triples||N Penn, R Pike, H Pike||E Devonald-Batt, H Jones, B Long|
|Mixed Nominated Fours||J Frost, G Jones, P Sheldrick, C Jones||E Devonald-Batt, H Jones, E Orme, B Long|
|Midweek Mixed League||Downtown|
|Friday Lunchtime League||Wanderers|
|Friday Lunchtime Knockout||Newcomers|
[Photo 1 – John McGuinness Mens Singles Winner Indoors 2016/17]
[Photo 2 – Lorraine Woodley Ladies Singles Winner Indoors 2016/17]
The Indoor League Tables page has now been updated with the final standings for all leagues.
The Indoor League Tables have just been updated and are now correct up to March 22nd
On Friday 9th December, the School Bowls Academy will end its first successful year. This is based in the Indoor Desborough Bowling Club in York Road.
We started in May with 171 Maidenhead Year-9 School pupils attending “taster” sessions and this was followed by a one-day tournament in July for the top 24 players. Trophies and medals were awarded by our former World Ladies Champion, Mary Price.
During the autumn we ran a 5 week 6th-Form course “Introduction to the Sport of Bowls” and established a successful after-school Club running 4pm-5pm on Fridays. 15 pupils aged 15 to 18 come for further training and to learn and enjoy this great sport.
In January and February we will be taking this successful program to more Maidenhead Secondary Schools. We would like to start up a School Staff section on Friday afternoons alongside the after-school club. Our current set of Juniors will start to play mini-matches against each other.
Thanks to all our dedicated helpers at the club, the school staff and most of all the enthusiasm and talent of our junior players. Well done all.
Thanks to Emma Fitzgerald and Leigh Exworth for all their help getting this off the ground
IMPORTANT – CHANGES TO THE LEAGUES 2017
Following the December Indoor Committee Meeting and also, further consultations with members, the published “Action Plan” proposals – as displayed on both Men’s and Ladies’ Notice Boards- have been duly amended and the final arrangements are now to be adopted for the rest of the 2016/17 indoor season – starting in January 2017.
THE FOLLOWING PROPOSALS, RELATING TO BOTH THE LADIES AND MEN’S INTERNAL LEAGUES, ARE TO BE ADOPTED, COMMENCING JANUARY 1ST 2017, NAMELY:-
- The current Men’s Evening League, Division 3 is to be merged within the current Men’s Evening League Division 2.
- Both, Men’s Division 1 and Division 2 will play 18 ends or 2hrs 30 mins, whichever is the shortest. The matches will commence on the bell at 7:00pm and finish at 9:30pm, however, any ends in progress when the bell rings at 9:30pm will be completed. An end will be deemed to be in progress if the jack has been rolled before the bell rings.
- Two teams will be promoted/relegated between the Men’s Divisions 1 and 2.
- Leagues that are currently for a period of 2 hours, starting and ending on the bell, will continue with no changes to the match duration.
- Any NEW team, in Men’s Division 1 and 2, to be permitted to register a playing squad of no more than 8 players. The only exception being, where teams have a second team, playing in either Division 1 or 2, then the squad can increase to 10 members. Where existing Division 1 and 2 teams have playing squads greater than 8, then this arrangement can continue, however no new members can be added until such time as the squad number falls below the 8 maximum.
- A pool of playing members, has been formed whereby members who are willing to play for any league team, can be called upon at short notice, to play for a team, where that team do not have sufficient players for any particular match – the purpose being to avoid fixture cancellations.
- The Ladies Afternoon League comprising, First Division – 6 teams and Second Division – 4 teams –will merge into one division of 10 teams (with handicap system introduced). In future the season will be continuous, from September to April, with no break at Christmas. (No promotion/Relegation). The arrangements will be introduced for the second half of the season, commencing after the Christmas break in January 2017.
- The Ladies Morning League has lacked support and will not continue after December 31st Team Captains will be notified.
- ALL LEAGUE AND COMPETITION MATCHES, MENS’, LADIES’ AND MIXED, MUST START WITH ROLLING THE JACK.
Roger Wyatt – Indoor Secretary 8th December 2016