IMPORTANT – CHANGES TO THE LEAGUES 2017
Following the December Indoor Committee Meeting and also, further consultations with members, the published “Action Plan” proposals – as displayed on both Men’s and Ladies’ Notice Boards- have been duly amended and the final arrangements are now to be adopted for the rest of the 2016/17 indoor season – starting in January 2017.
THE FOLLOWING PROPOSALS, RELATING TO BOTH THE LADIES AND MEN’S INTERNAL LEAGUES, ARE TO BE ADOPTED, COMMENCING JANUARY 1ST 2017, NAMELY:-
- The current Men’s Evening League, Division 3 is to be merged within the current Men’s Evening League Division 2.
- Both, Men’s Division 1 and Division 2 will play 18 ends or 2hrs 30 mins, whichever is the shortest. The matches will commence on the bell at 7:00pm and finish at 9:30pm, however, any ends in progress when the bell rings at 9:30pm will be completed. An end will be deemed to be in progress if the jack has been rolled before the bell rings.
- Two teams will be promoted/relegated between the Men’s Divisions 1 and 2.
- Leagues that are currently for a period of 2 hours, starting and ending on the bell, will continue with no changes to the match duration.
- Any NEW team, in Men’s Division 1 and 2, to be permitted to register a playing squad of no more than 8 players. The only exception being, where teams have a second team, playing in either Division 1 or 2, then the squad can increase to 10 members. Where existing Division 1 and 2 teams have playing squads greater than 8, then this arrangement can continue, however no new members can be added until such time as the squad number falls below the 8 maximum.
- A pool of playing members, has been formed whereby members who are willing to play for any league team, can be called upon at short notice, to play for a team, where that team do not have sufficient players for any particular match – the purpose being to avoid fixture cancellations.
- The Ladies Afternoon League comprising, First Division – 6 teams and Second Division – 4 teams –will merge into one division of 10 teams (with handicap system introduced). In future the season will be continuous, from September to April, with no break at Christmas. (No promotion/Relegation). The arrangements will be introduced for the second half of the season, commencing after the Christmas break in January 2017.
- The Ladies Morning League has lacked support and will not continue after December 31st Team Captains will be notified.
- ALL LEAGUE AND COMPETITION MATCHES, MENS’, LADIES’ AND MIXED, MUST START WITH ROLLING THE JACK.
Roger Wyatt – Indoor Secretary 8th December 2016